Thursday 1 September 2011

Photography Challenge Week #6

OK so it's week #6 in the photography challenge over at A Step in the Journey!

This week, the direction was from a low angle.

I took a lot of pictures for this theme! Some were from a really low angle like looking up, others from a floor-angle (as in, camera resting on the floor and photographing the subject from there).

But this is the picture I decided to use this week:

"Why Hello There, Beautiful..."

My reason for choosing this picture from the others I took has absolutely nothing to do with photography and everything to do with finding it amusing! Though I suppose if I wanted to make a more intellectual statement I could say that I chose it because the curved lines and ginger fur of the subject juxtapose with the smooth black and white lines of the background, which in turn draw the eye to the subject. 
But that's rubbish really, I just like his smiley face! 

The subject's name, by the way, is Alfie. A few minutes before taking this picture he was padding at my head!
Despite not liking to use a flash, I used it for this shot since I used my camera's backlight setting and didn't have a lamp to hand to light Alfie (also, I was using my free hand to wiggle my fingers and get him to look at me!)

This picture totally gives away the fact that I like framing my shots off-centre =)

Here's a couple of other photos I took this week that I decided not to use for the challenge:


Milk bottles! Do any of you guys get your milk delivered? It seems a lot of my friends don't get a milk delivery anymore... Our milkman still brings the milk at 6 a.m. (if not earlier!)


Yep, that would be Alfie again, chillaxing on the landing! The book in the foreground is our family bible, which came from my Grandma's house. It's been in the family for a few generations before her, too. Inside are the names of ancestors, set out like a mini family tree. 

Next week's subject is 'what you wore today.' I'm dreading this one a little and am seriously out of practice with self-portraiture (despite week one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...