Monday 31 October 2011

Happy Halloween ( + a small note)


Happy Halloween everyone! Hope your parties are fun and your trick or treating bountiful. :)

Tomorrow is November, the start of National Novel Writing Month! Are you participating?

If you are, good luck!

I took part for the first time last year and crossed the 50,000 word mark halfway through the month! I felt so accomplished that I'm doing it all again this year :)

Last year I finally wrote an idea that had been floating around in my head since I was about twelve!
The story sucked ass (my main protagonist was too old for the plot, really) but I loved writing without worrying about making it awesome, and found it astonishing how characters tended to develop of their own accord!

This year I'll be using another old idea, with some characters that have been sitting in my mind begging to be written about for the past five years or so.
What can I say? The older the idea is, the more time it's had to mature, like a good wine (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)


So the bottom line of all this rambling is: across November, I might not be blogging so much. I'll be writing (or rambling) for NaNoWriMo!

Best of luck to everyone else participating!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe you finished halfway through the month last year. That is so impressive. I was choking it out right to the last second, lol. Good luck this year.

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...