Thursday 13 October 2011

Photography Challenge Week #12

This week, the photography challenge over at A Step in the Journey called for photographs that made use of bokeh.
Wikipedia can probably explain bokeh far better than I can; check out their article here: Bokeh @ Wikipedia

It took me a while to figure out ideas for this!
But here's what I came up with:

Autumn Bloom

To get this shot I ended up having to lay on the ground and squint at the screen of my camera! Cfer found it incredibly amusing, since she came to roll on the ground with me...


...and destroy a few dead leaves!




Since this is turning into a 'Picture of my Cats' post, I'd like to share this photograph of Alfie that I took midway through my first attempts at bokeh photography:

"Pay Attention To Me!"

I really like the concept of bokeh and the photographs that impressed me the most used a lot of points of light in the background to create interesting patterns and draw attention to the subject. Hopefully I'll be able to make use of bokeh in photographs around Christmas time, when there will be no shortage of lights!


It's not too late to join the challenge at A Step in the Journey, so if you're interested, go join in the fun!

4 comments:

  1. Love the flower pic- simple and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those leaves deserved to die,...again, lol. Nice use of bokeh with the flower.

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...