Saturday 17 December 2011

Wreath...for Free!


When my Dad potted up the Christmas tree for outside the door, he had to cut off a few small branches. So he left them out for me to 'do something with.'

Of course the most obvious 'something' was a wreath, so I got to work and made this!
I've never made a wreath from branches before and might I say it was pretty darn fiddly!

To put it together, I simply made a circle of wire (pinched from Dad's shed) with a hook on the top for hanging. Then I tied the branches on with raffia (I think that's what it is?! Please correct me if I'm wrong!) also pinched from the shed--there was a big bundle of it left over from when  Dad gave the conservatory a makeover. Once I'd made the basic shape, I added in smaller pieces cut from a branch too large to go into the wreath, which hid all the places where I'd tied everything down!

I threaded in a spray of blooms left over from a bunch of flowers my Mum had (the rest had died) and tied a big bow at the top to finish off.
It's a bit wonky but I don't think it's bad for a first attempt!



A little bit of Christmas decoration that I didn't show you yet is this vase of baubles (it doesn't really fit in with any of the Christmas posts I've made!)  I suppose a vase like this is a no-brainer when it comes to decorations, but this is another first for our house! Usually these baubles are on the tree.


Well I think that's it for my Christmas decor posts!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for free! Would love love love for you to share this at our party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com/2011/12/co-hosting-pinteresting-link-party-week.html. Happy holiday! My

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything that's free. You wreath is pretty, this year I went to Home Depot and got two carts of branches for free and made a Christmas tree. Thank for sharing at Sunday's Best and happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...