Wednesday 20 November 2013

Pinning Inspiration #27

As it's a little cold for playing outside so much now, it's time to play inside with a fun indoor fort.
(Yes, even if you're a fully grown adult. Indulge your inner child!)














Building forts was one of my favourite things to do as a child. Whether it was constructed of umbrellas and plastic sheets beneath a tree on a drizzly summer's day, or table-cloths slung over furniture inside, the possibilities of an indoor fort were endless: a tower, a knight's castle, a secret base, a camp, a fairy house... I'm grateful to have parents who didn't mind my abusing furniture/table cloths/umbrellas/sofa cushions (excellent 'pre-fab' building materials!) in the course of using my imagination!

I tried to show a balance of different forts here, some structured and possibly bought, or made by skilled hands, others with much more of a cosy, homemade-by-the-kids feel. 

Hope this post has left you inspired!

Did you ever build forts as a child?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely we built them all the time in the downstairs rec room (or wreck room?). Great fun.

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...